Tuesday 12 January 2010

The Brooklyn Flea

I’m on my January visit to New York and couldn’t resist popping into the Brooklyn Flea for a browse.

The Brooklyn flea is usually held in a school playground in Fort Greene, Brooklyn but for the winter months has taken over a stunning art deco clock tower (formerly a bank) at Hanson. With 3 floors and 100 vendors how could I resist? As I own a vintage fair I find it fascinating to visit other fairs in far off shores to find out how things work and hopefully pick up new ideas and bring them back home. So far, I’ve shopped at flea markets and vintage fairs in LA, New York, Italy, Ibiza and even Cyprus. But the Brooklyn flea always pulls me back for the sheer size and amazing selection of stalls.

Though I didn’t find anything to buy at this event (It’s cheaper to buy at the affordable vintage fair) I did take some pics to show you all how it’s done in New York..






After the flea we moved on to the vintage shops of Prospect Heights (Brooklyn) and to my favourite store ‘One of a find’ http://www.1ofafindvintage.com/ and picked up these amazing Chanel shoes for $110 and some grey brogue boots, ooh plus an amazing 80s Carolina Herrera dress which I shall be wearing at the Leeds vintage fair and will ask the lovely Sarah to photograph me in it.








No comments:

Post a Comment