Sunday 26 September 2010

What a Weekend!

What a Weekend eh? All of you lovely people that joined us in Sheffield and Nottingham will surely agree! I was beginning to think I was getting a bit blase about Vintage Fairs, having been to so many. So much so I planned an entirely different blog this week. However, predictably, the fairs were so good I just could not not blog them!


So we had Sheffield first on Saturday, and being my Vintage Hometown (actual home town Barnsley, but sadly Judy's doesn't visit there!)I always expect a lot - and my goodness I wasn't disapointed. The whole of the ground floor of the Workstation was taken over with not just any ordinary vintage treats, but those of the highest quality. There literally was something for everyone, stalls with woolly winter jumpers (with Reindeer's and cats!! Cheers Princes Vintage!), spectacular 40s and 50s dresses, haberdashery stalls selling fabric and trims, make your own jewellery, costume jewellery, the fantastic talents of Kelly Ewing and my goodness I could go on...... There was also the Marvelous Tea Dance ladies serving beautiful home made soups cakes and crumpets. All price ranges were catered for, below you can see Vintage People treating us to a fill a bag for a tenner stall. Yep you read that correctly, FILL A BAG for £10!!!!!



As well as other stalls which had things on offer for those of you that perhaps had a bit more cash to splash, offering the highest quality rare items at still very affordable prices.


Now, I am poor as a church mouse at the moment so planned to spend nothing, however I am very easily swayed, especially when it comes to a certain era. I am in love with the 50s so I fell head over heals for the wonderful Tick Tock Frocks (what a name!) stall run by the lovely Liz. She had mountains of original curtains, tablecloths and aprons from the 40s onwards and as well as that, a gorgeous selection of clothes. Still slightly peeved I didn't buy the Fair isle cardigan at a super bargainous £15, bu you snooze you loose! The other Sara (no not the blond one, the other one!) got these amazing original 1950s curtains as bright as the day they were printed, now proudly on display in her kitchen. They cost an outrageous £10 for the pair, which if anyone knows about trying to get hold of a pair of original 1950s curtains in a print like this will know, is unbelievable!










I was also a very happy lady having browsed at Liz's stall early enough I managed to pick up a huge piece fabric in this iconic 50s print by W. Hertzberger for £8. It was designed in 1954 for the British company Turnbull and Stockdale and is most commonly seen in the red and yellow colourway. This yellow and turquoise piece will look amazing stretched over a frame and in my kitchen! I also found these super kitsch curtains for £10 for the pair!
















Needless to say I was happy with those! I don't know what on Earth I had done on Saturday to warrant such good karma but I also managed to find this original, 1950s hand painted Mexican full circle skirt. Complete with original label and everything! I was over the moon, especially seen as it cost me a ridiculous £3! These are rarely seen in the UK (have a search on http://www.ebay.com/) never mind for under £50. I decided to channel Juliette Binoche in Chocolat for the Fair in Nottingham on Sunday and team it with a bright cardigan!










Now having splashed out a cool £18 in Sheffield I was determined to have a will of steal on Sunday at Nottingham. my goodness it was hard! Two floors of beautiful vintage goodies ad I really had to hold my purse tight!



I did find this (above) absolutely gorgeous original 1950s corduroy red with gold sparkles full circle dress from Second Hand Rose! It was a real bargain at £45 as dresses like this really do not appear often, but still too rich for my blood. Luckily I found it a good home in the shape of Tallulah Vintage's Adele! Very jealous, but I know its going to a good home! It was the perfect Christmas dress!

I kept myself busy by just admiring other peoples vintage, this was one of our stylish shoppers Rebecca who looked so amazing! Her styling was perfect right down to the hair and make up! Lovely lady too so nice to meet you Rebecca, hope to see you at the fairs again soon!
As well as this there was the amazing Lindsay from The Vintage Salon. Unfortunately my camera is not at it's best so I don't have images of the lovely Hair do's she did (if you are one of her lucky customers please send us a pic!) but you can have a look at her website here for information:
So all in all, a bloody good weekend! Now for a rest! Oh hang on, back to work ... and hopefully see you at Lincoln and Leicester next week!



1 comment:

  1. I am so excited you guys re coming to Lincoln! nothing exciting EVER happens in Lincolnshire! lol

    ReplyDelete