Sunday 24 October 2010

Rainy day in Manchester

Well yesterday Judy and crew rolled into Manchester, the rain did not stop those vintage lovers queueing inside and out ready to get their hands on some fantastic vintage bargains!!This was the first time we'd visited Sound Control and with 3 floors of vintage goodies to trawl through, I am glad I was working on the door all day!! One thing which did indeed keep me entertained (as well as you friendly Manchester folk) was the fabulous DJ! From the Jesus and Mary Chain to the Kinks, myself and my partner in crime for the day, the lovely Valentina, were bopping on our seats all day!Speaking of you lovely Manchester folks, you really are bloody lovely!! And very eager to show me your vintage goodies! I was very jealous of the snowflake jumper and mini suitcase! And then I was jealous of this giant suitcase:
And this one!!


I had wonderful chat with this vintage lover about our shared obsession - Mad Men!!! She was a Joan fan and as muh as I love Joan, Peggy is my favourite! She got this brilliant original 1960s pattern so she could make her very own Joan Holloway (I reuse to calle her Harris!) creation!

And finally these three ladies went away with bagfuls! It really was the fair for suitcases as I felt a bit sad as this gorgeous tan vanity case walked out ofthe door!


Anyways, short but sweet!! Hopefully we will be back in Manchester soon with more vintage delights!

No comments:

Post a Comment