Monday 6 June 2011

You can't always get what you want...

........or can you? Remember this beaut from my blog post? Well someone bought it for what I thought was a good bargain at £20 plus £4.41 p &p, which is £24.21 more than I can afford or justify spending on a daft 50s novelty clock.





However, look what was waiting for me at the carboot sale this week! Admittedly, it doesn't have the knife and fork hand, but it is still delightfully kitsch.


Not only is it cute as a button, but here I shall relay the conversation that took place which meant it had to come home with me:




Me: How much is this?


Seller: £1


My friend Sarah: Don't be ridiculous, you have lots of clocks (or words to that effect)


Me: Sorry mate


Seller: How about 50p?


Me: I really can't, sorry


Seller: 20p?


Me: ............ Oh for goodness sake, go on then.




Most would argue that is still 20p too much, but nevertheless, here it is in in situ, wound and telling time in my kitchen!




1 comment: